Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Juxtaposition Blogathon Announcement (Sept. 12 - 16)


In case you did not see the banner on the right hand side, I will be participating in the Juxtaposition blogathon at Pussy goes Grrr next week! I will be discussing the silent films The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) and The Hands of Orlac (1924). Both of these Expressionist films were directed by Robert Wiene and star Conrad Veidt. I haven't seen either film before and have been meaning to see The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari for some time now. The Hands of Orlac is the lesser known of the two, but has been re-made a few times.

                          

So far I should be on the same schedule with a film topic post on Thursday and the weekly wrap-up on Sunday. Since I will be doing an in depth post on these two films for the Juxtaposition blogathon I won't be including them in the weekly wrap-up except mentioning that I saw them. I'll try to get the blogathon post up on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I might not get a film topic post up next week, but we'll see what happens.

                                    

Speaking of blogathons, I've finally had a chance to see a couple of films that were discussed in the 50s Monster movies blogathon that I hadn't seen before! Look for my thoughts on those films in this Sunday's weekly wrap-up.

And just to get it out of my system before the Juxtaposition blogathon since I'm an MST3K fan, Manos: The Hands of Orlac!

No comments:

Post a Comment